- Summary of Cartwright and Hardie's "Evidence-based Policy: A practical guide to doing it better"
- Evidence-based policy : a practical guide to doing it better - Ghent University Library
- Subscriber Login
Summary of Cartwright and Hardie's "Evidence-based Policy: A practical guide to doing it better"
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Volume 12 , Issue 2 May Pages Related Information. Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure.
Email or Customer ID. Forgot password? Old Password.
They fail, Cartwright and Hardie contend, because they do not enhance our ability to predict if policies will be effective. The prevailing methods fall short not just because social science, which operates within the domain of real-world politics and deals with people, differs so much from the natural science milieu of the lab.see url
Evidence-based policy : a practical guide to doing it better - Ghent University Library
Rather, there are principled reasons why the advice for crafting and implementing policy now on offer will lead to bad results. Current guides in use tend to rank scientific methods according to the degree of trustworthiness of the evidence they produce.
That is valuable in certain respects, but such approaches offer little advice about how to think about putting such evidence to use. Evidence-Based Policy focuses on showing policymakers how to effectively use evidence, explaining what types of information are most necessary for making reliable policy, and offers lessons on how to organize that information. Chapter I. Chapter IV. See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books. Read an excerpt of this book!
Add to Wishlist. USD Buy Online, Pick up in Store is currently unavailable, but this item may be available for in-store purchase. Sign in to Purchase Instantly.
Usually ships within 6 days. Overview Over the last twenty or so years, it has become standard to require policy makers to base their recommendations on evidence. Show More. Edit this record. Mark as duplicate.
- Bienvenido al hogar (Julia) (Spanish Edition);
- Predicting What Will Happen When You Intervene?
- An Army of Frogs (A Kulipari Novel Book 1).
- Maps of China - Central Southern China (中南地区, Guangdong ...）;
Find it on Scholar. Request removal from index. Revision history.
- Save $1000 Per Month.
- Evidence Based Educational Leadership: ?
- Blutige Stille: Thriller (Kate Burkholder) (German Edition).
- Evidence-Based Policy: A Practical Guide to Doing It Better | Semantic Scholar.
- Evidence-Based Policy: A Practical Guide to Doing It Better | IPPR;
- Bunker - tome 5 - Le mal des montagnes (French Edition).
- Nota al Margen y Otros Cuentos (Spanish Edition).
From the Publisher via CrossRef no proxy journals. Configure custom resolver. Evidence in Medicine and Evidence-Based Medicine. John Worrall - - Philosophy Compass 2 6 — Malcolm R. Forster - - Philosophy of Science 74 5 Theories and the Transitivity of Confirmation. Mary Hesse - - Philosophy of Science 37 1 Yvon Gauthier - - Dialogue 23 3